If you have questions regarding billing, please call: 219-877-5327 for assistance.
The Michigan City Sanitary District is responsible for the construction and maintenance of all sanitary sewers and storm sewers within the City of Michigan City Sanitary District, as well as the maintenance of all catch basins, and the treatment and processing all waters within the collection system. The department also maintains all court assigned drainage ditches, a full industrial pretreatment program, and a full service wastewater laboratory.
The Sanitary District also operates and maintains Striebel Pond, a flood control facility that includes family and dog-friendly outdoor recreational spaces for public use.
Commonly Requested Forms & Information
- Sanitary Sewer and/or Sanitary Lift Station Construction Permit Application
- Sanitary Sewer Lateral and Sewer Lateral Tap Permit Application
- Industrial Water & Sewer Use Survey
- Trail Creek Watershed Management Plan
- FEMA National Flood Insurance Program
- Brownfield Public Engagement Pamphlet
- RAVE Notification System Information
- Karwick Nature Park - Weaver Consultants and Engineers
- Cheney Run Stormwater Project - V3 Engineers
- US Hwy 20 and Striebel Arm Ditch Force Main Rerouting Project - John Doyle & Assoiciates
- South Gate Neighborhood Stormwater Improvement Project(Village Road/Crestwood Drive) - Haas & Associates
Environmental violations are not only unsightly, but they can be serious health and safety hazards. It is against City Ordinance for properties to contain:
- Uncollected trash, garbage, litter, or debris
- Demolition remains
- Appliances or furniture in the yard
- Auto parts and scrap metal
- Grass over 6 inches tall
- Fallen trees, stumps, dead trees, and cut brush