The Street Department works to ensure the safety of our city-owned public roadways, alleys, and berms through regular maintenance and repair.
Please note: Not all streets and roadways within the city limits are owned by the City. Some are under the control of the state, the county, or a private entity. The Street Department does not provide service to these streets. For assistance in determining responsibility for a specific street or roadway, please Contact Us.
The Street Department is responsible for:
- Snow removal
- Street maintenance and repair
- Sidewalk and curb maintenance and repair
- Street sweeping
- Mowing public right-of-ways
- Leaf Pickup
- Clean-up of dead animals in the roadway
- Signage for traffic control and safety
- Maintaining necessary detours and road closures
- Rendering assistance to Police, Fire, and EMS services during emergency calls