- City Departments
- Human Rights
- Judi Huber Educational Scholarship Award
Judi Huber Educational Scholarship Award
Submission Deadline: April 29, 2022
Click here for the Application Form
Awarded to a Michigan City, graduating senior in a public, private or homeschool setting who accepts his/her obstacles and or challenges while focusing on the positive aspirations of advanced education.
THEME: The applicant will express, through a personal essay, what goals were achieved and
what CHALLENGES and or OBSTACLES were overcome as a student. The applicant should
also explain how he/she was able to serve others in the community.
PRIZE: $ 1000.00
A. The contest is open to any 2022 graduating senior that attends a school within the Michigan City Area Schools boundaries. The Scholarship will be based on the following criteria:
- Human Rights (Community Service Involvement) - 35%
- Academics & or achieved educational goals - 25%
- Essay (Self-written or noted if assisted) - 35%
- Extracurricular Activities - 5%
B. The entry packet MUST include:
- A copy of high school transcripts. Home-schooled students should supply proof of Graduation.
- Three letters of recommendation from teachers, service providers, or community mentors.
- The scholarship application.
- Proof of acceptance at a college, university, trade/vocational, technical or Internet-based institution of higher learning
- The essay based on the theme described above.
- A detailed account of community service hours given over the 2021-2022 school year
C. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words NO EXCEPTIONS. The essay must be typed double-spaced on plain paper.
Judges chosen by the Michigan City Human Rights Commission will select the winner. All
entries will be judged anonymously and become property of the Michigan City Human Rights
Applications can be downloaded/printed here or paper applications can be picked up in the Michigan City Human Rights Department at CIty Hall located at 100 East Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City, Indiana 46360.
How to Submit
Drop off or mail:
Michigan City Human Rights
100 East Michigan Boulevard
Michigan CIty, IN 46360