The drains in my house are plugged or draining slowly. What should I do?

If only one drain is draining slowly or plugged and all other drains are working well, it is most likely a problem you will have to handle yourself or obtain the services of a plumber or private sewer contractor. 

If several drains are plugged or draining slowly, the problem may still be one you must handle yourself, but you should call the Sanitary District at 874-7799 to check the District's main line for any possible blockage or obstruction.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Sanitary District charge for checking or cleaning the District main line and are there any restrictions on what the District can do for me?
2. What are the hours I can call for Sanitary District assistance to check or clean the District main line servicing my home?
3. The drains in my house are plugged or draining slowly. What should I do?
4. I have a bad "sewer gas (odor)" smell in my home. What should I do?
5. I have a problem with my sewer billing. Who should I call?
6. I have water backing up into my home from my sewer drains. What should I do?
7. There is flooding in the street in front of my home or at an intersection near me during a storm event. Who should I call?
8. Do I have to be home when the Sanitary District checks the main line?
9. I am digging on my property. Can you tell me where the sewer line from my house to the District's main is located?
10. I want to connect to the Sanitary District main sewer line. How do I go about this?