I have a problem with my sewer billing. Who should I call?

You should call the Sanitary District office at 219-874-7799 from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Monday thru Friday. The Emergency number cannot answer account or billing questions. 

Show All Answers

1. What does the Sanitary District charge for checking or cleaning the District main line and are there any restrictions on what the District can do for me?
2. What are the hours I can call for Sanitary District assistance to check or clean the District main line servicing my home?
3. The drains in my house are plugged or draining slowly. What should I do?
4. I have a bad "sewer gas (odor)" smell in my home. What should I do?
5. I have a problem with my sewer billing. Who should I call?
6. I have water backing up into my home from my sewer drains. What should I do?
7. There is flooding in the street in front of my home or at an intersection near me during a storm event. Who should I call?
8. Do I have to be home when the Sanitary District checks the main line?
9. I am digging on my property. Can you tell me where the sewer line from my house to the District's main is located?
10. I want to connect to the Sanitary District main sewer line. How do I go about this?